What type of information does We collect?
We collects two basic types of information from you in conjunction with your use of the We Services (collectively, your “personal information”): (1) personally identifiable information; and (2) non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that can identify you.
- Examples include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, device identifiers, IP addresses, geolocation information, and financial account information that you provide, such as credit or debit card numbers.
- We may also collect personally identifiable information about you from third parties such as data vendors.
- Aggregate and/or de-identified information is not considered personally identifiable information.
Non-personally identifiable information is information that does not identify you directly, but may be linkable to you.
- Examples include demographic information and general location information.
How does We Collect Information?
We collect information about you through:
- Your interactions with or use of the We Services;
- Your contact with our customer support team;
- Third parties, such as data vendors, your bank or merchants you perform a transaction with;
- Through our websites, using cookies, Clear GIFs, web beacons, mobile application plug-ins and similar technologies.
Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or device when you use the We Services. Cookies record your preferences and the actions you take on your computer or device. We may also use web beacons and mobile application plug-ins, such as software development kits, application programming interfaces and similar technologies. We use these and other similar technologies for security, to monitor traffic, improve the We Services, and make the We Services easier to use and more relevant to you. We may also use these technologies to personalize your experience, deliver advertisements, and for research and marketing.
Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with the We Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage.
How do we use the personal information we collect?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the We Services and customer support
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- Resolve disputes and collect payments and/or fees
- Verify the accuracy of and authenticate your information
- Detect, investigate and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, such as fraud
- Communicate about accounts or transactions and send information about features and enhancements
- Contact you, for example by phone, text (SMS) or email
- Communicate changes to our policies
- Personalize content and experiences, including providing recommendations based on your preferences
- Send offers or promotions for the We Services
- Provide advertising, including advertising based on your use of the We Services or third-party websites
- Perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the We Services and their purchasing patterns
- Conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law
How do we share personal information?
We may share your personally identifiable information with:
- Service providers, affiliates and commercial partners who help with our business operations, including but not limited to, fraud prevention, account maintenance, customer service, marketing and technology services
- Credit bureaus and collection agencies, as permitted by law
- Merchants you order goods or services from using the We Services
- Companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by
- Third parties, including governmental authorities and law enforcement, to (i) protect or defend the legal rights, interests or property of We and any related entity of We; (ii) protect the safety and security of our customers or members of the public; (iii) protect against fraud; or (iv) comply with applicable law, subpoena or legal process. Including, without limitation, LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group, 80 Harcourt Street, Dublin Ireland; Emailage and ThreatMetrix services:
- Other third parties with your consent or at your direction to do so.
- Third parties for any legitimate business purpose not otherwise prohibited by law
Email Connect service (available in the We App)
If you connect to the Email Connect service, we will process order information (such as delivery tracking identifiers, supplier information and product information) related to purchases you have made, in order to provide you with delivery information and an overview of your purchases in the We App.
We will not share data obtained through Email Connect with third parties, unless necessary to provide or improve the service to you. In particular, we will not transfer data to third parties for serving ads.
We Desktop Extension
If you click on a link that is sponsored which promotes a store, product or service you will be redirected to the store’s website through a third party, a so-called “affiliate network.” The affiliate network might place a tracking technology on your device that contains the information that you clicked on such a link in the We App, which then may be used to track your visit to a store in order to calculate a potential commission to We.
How do we protect personal information?
We uses reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use in compliance with applicable law. These measures include computer safeguards and encrypted, secured files and buildings. We also maintain other physical, technical, administrative, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information, and access to personal information is limited to the employees who require it for their job functions. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
How can you restrict us from sharing your personal information?
Personally Identifiable Information: You may choose not to provide your personally identifiable information to us; however, you will not be able to use the We Services.
You can also limit our use and sharing of your personal information in other ways, such as:
- You may unsubscribe from marketing emails, but we will still be permitted to contact you for servicing and account-related purposes by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email footer or by contacting We Customer Service.
- You can modify browser settings to decline cookies, but certain features of We Services may not function properly or may be unavailable if you do. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- For your mobile device, you can understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies on your mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices from your mobile device. On your mobile device you may also select “Limit Ad Tracking” (on iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android). Even if you disable tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, although such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences.
- We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Services. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information and how to opt out of certain uses please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The We Services may contain links to third-party websites, including social media sites. By including a link to a third-party website, we do not endorse or recommend any products or services offered or information contained at the third-party website. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites. If you decide to visit a third-party website via a link contained in or by the We Services, you do so at your risk.